|My handsome cousin on a tractor|
- You consider the first day of deer season a holiday, even if you don't hunt.
- Hearing national media refer to that big festival back in 1969 in "Woodstock, New York" annoys you.
- There's a road named for your family (although none of your family live on it anymore).
- You went clothes shopping at Sullivan's.
- You explain where you're from to people who are out of the area by referencing the (probably defunct) hotel your house is closest to.
- You've stood outside an ice cream stand licking a cone in a winter parka because goshdarnit, this is a sign of spring, and you're going to enjoy it!
- You preface in-car (hands-free!) cellphone calls with "I'm going to lose you in about 5 minutes, so ..."
- A cow ever made your school bus late.
- You'll never get used to 17 being list as I-86.
- You've seen so many eagles you forget to stop and look when they fly by ... but you've almost been in a car accident coming around a turn to find some out-of-towner stopped in the middle of the road staring at a nest.
- You were in a car accident or other mishap, and were lucky enough to have volunteers show up to rescue you.
- You wave to every car in the opposite lane because you know each driver.
- Your sister leaned over to tell you that hottie you are checking out at the bar is actually another one of our cousins (and yes, you WERE embarrassed ... this isn't Deliverance country; sheesh).
- You're used to eating in restaurants owned by people, not corporations.
- You graduated with 33 people. In one class.
- You know how to drive a 4-wheeler and have since you were 5.
- You plan for snow by filling the bathtub with extra water, pulling out the candles, and making a pile of board games because it's going to be a long night without electric.
- Buying a good pair of jeans means driving an hour.
- You hear a car alarm and think, "Oh, it must be summer."
- You've gone hunting for Easter Eggs in a snow storm.
- Birthday party entertainment was "Go outside and play, kids."
- You love a good tractor parade.
- You've planned a weekend around a pancake breakfast or a roast beef dinner.
- You grew up reading The Sullivan County Democrat!
Come on y'all, add to it in comments!
Have you "liked" Inside Out Motherhood on Facebook yet?